Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sept. 28, 2014
Romans 1-2
The diagnosis of the human condition.  If the diagnosis is wrong the remedy will be

wrong.  A righteousness of God will be revealed.  The wrath of God is being

revealed.  God gives people over to their sinful desires and a depraved mind.  He lets

us go in the direction we chose to go.  They will receive the consequenses.  Sins are

never our friends.
I have to face God.  Judgement is necessary and logical.

Psalm 139
1 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting!
    you discern my thoughts from afar.

1-God's judgement is individually applied and given
I have no excuse.  How I judge others I am condemning myself.
What is the plank in my own eye.  What is my cover up?
I have looked at other people doing bad things, but what about me.
Gender based violence when there were many rapes.  Extreme examples-
I need someone to work with me.  Too often I have felt indignant.  There has been
horror.
What about gender based abuse in Toronto and here wherever I am?

God does not show favouritism.  I am extremely self defensive about myself.


2-God's judgement is internal.  He judges the secrets that become exposed.  God is
not concerned with the externals.
Jesus came to save me.  He is concerned with what is going on inside of me.
Anyone who is angry with his brother is already guilty with murder.
We can all build a good external.  Everything will be exposed.

Mat 23-Woe to teachers of the law.  The cup on the shelf is clean on the outside but

full of gunge on the inside.  You are hypocrites.  Dead bones are on the inside.
Romans 2:16
Looking at myself is a lot less comfortable. God scrutinize my heart.  The gospel of

Jesus gives me reasons and resources.  God please lead me to where I need to be.

3-
God's judgement is impartial.  If you call yourself a Jew, and brag about your

relationship with God.  There dilema can be uniquely shared with Christians.  We can

put ourselves above other.   I know your will.  You who teach others, teach yourself.
God's name is blasphemed.  When I sin God gets blasphemed.  I have been so

dammaged God.  Please help, heal and deliver me to the way you want me to be.  I

love you Lord.  I have the words of god and I have less to exuse myself.  God gave

me so much.  Lord it seems so onesided.   How does my unrighteousness brings out

God's righteousness so clearly.  My works will be judged.  I need to be refined.  Why

do I still feel so condemned.  God shows his truth in me.  Jesus in me is my hope of

glory.  Though I not perfect I am the expression of His glory.  Perfect love casts out

all fear.
How does the world see Christ in me?  I want the world to truly see Jesus in me.  No

one is righteous.   We have all sinned.

The diagnosis of the disease is what I need to know.  What needs to happen in me?
Now a righteousness from God is made known.  It comes through faith in Jesus.
I need to agree with the diagnosis.
Romans 3:21-26
Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to

which the Law and the Prophets testify. 22 This righteousness is given through faith

in[a] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile,

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely

by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented

Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[b] through the shedding of his blood—to be

received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his

forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to

demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who

justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
Free me from the damaging habitual habits and change me Lord Jesus I pray.
Thank you for forgiving me.

Blessed be Your name


In the land that is plentiful

No comments:

Post a Comment